Sunday, December 24, 2006

The last chance!


The hunt for roe-deer is starting 10.8 and last to 23.12.
So the 23 is my last chance for this year!
But when the hunt starts 10.8 its only allowed to use rifle and just shoot bucks.
But after 24.9 its allowed to shoot roe and calf and shotgun is allowed to use and dogs.
And its also not allowed to use dogs.

This picture is taken 23.12 the last day to hunt roe-deer and its also my first roe-deer!

This time we hunted with two dogs the drever which I written about in another post and a beagle.
The beagle had never been hunted with so we were not so sure about it would actually hunt roe-deer.

I had both rifle and shotgun this day so my chances to get something was much better!
When I they had placed me at a post on a little hill I heard over the radio that he had realesed the dogs and they was baying.
I sat behind a rotten pine tree and was waiting with the rifle in my hands and the shotgun beside me.

Suddenly I heard the baying a little longer up in the post line and then the deer came towards me!
I saw the deer was runing in front of me then I whistled on the deer so it would stop and it did I shot right in his loungs and he died al once.

It was the beagle who was baying on the deer so the owner of the dog was very happy that I shot a deer so the dog would get more interested in roe-deer.
The buck had still horns and was about three years old and was in very good shape.

Weapon:
I used a M98 Mauser rifle in caliber 30-06 with a bullet called Nosler from a producent named Norma.
That was a very effective bullet!
The Nosler bullet is a very knowned bullet in Norway and is used by many.

1 comment:

torjusgaaren said...

Good looking deer!

I look forward to tanning his hide. You forgot to mention, that the rifle is mine... hehe