Thursday, January 4, 2007

Hare is hard to shoot!

Hare is an very shy animal with good senses so its very hard to find it and get close enough to shoot. A day in October I dicided to hunt hare in a forest nearby my house. I took the most silent clothes I could find then I started to walk through a spruce tree forest then suddenly a hare just ran out of a bush in front of me. Then the hare changed direction and was running from me. I shot after it when he was about 90-100 fot away from me.
I saw that the hare rolled a round when I shot so I was sure that I hit the hare. But I couldnt see if he ran further or was laying on the ground now because it was really much bushes. I went looking for the hare but I only found some hairs on the ground so I was sure that he wasnt dead.
I searched after the hare in about 15-20 minuts then I finally found what I was searching for laying on the ground completly silent a meter in front of me! I finished the job then I skinned the hare and carryed the food home.

This time I used bismuth 12 gauge hail number.3 they worked very good as usual hadnt it been for that I hit the hare to low and it didnt die at once.

No comments: