Saturday, January 6, 2007

Bait hunt on fox.

Today I put out bait for fox at a place where I think foxes usually goes looking for food. Im going to sit in a old house about 1oo fot away from the bait. Im going only to hunt at nights using the snow and moonlight as shootinglight. In the old house im going to sit in I suspect that a badger is holding house also.

Kit you need:A good binocular,warm and silent clothes,rifle or shotgun,plenty with ammunition and a good bait.

Bait:Its not all baits who workes good at even fox which almost eats everything. This time I have used some frozen gwyniad which I then crushed into very small pieces. Pig is a very good baits the best would I say also schrimp shells are very good. My experience with sheep(adult) bait is that the fox comes and taste at the bait one time after that he usually doesnt return at the same sheep bait but. If you use sheep I would recomand to use lam. It seems that the fox likes lam better and often return to eat several times at the bait probably because the milder taste. Fish as I used this time is also a good bait. Ive also heard about another way to make a bait which they says is a good bait.

First dig a hole in the ground one meter deep and one meter wide, then you take some dryed gras and put it in the bottom, then take some seeds or bread crums and put it in the hole, then more gras on top again. Usually after a while a mice colony will move in there and start breeding. Then you have the perfect fox bait.

Scab seems to be a problem this year all foxes ive seen had it. So its important to shot all foxes I see with scab so it wont be a problem next year also.

No comments: