Saturday, December 2, 2006

Some of my terrain.










Here is some terrain I sometimes hunt I have never shot anything here, but I have almost not hunted here either. This terrain is very close to our house.

I know that its some hares there which im trying to shoot. I have never seen a hare there but I saw many tracks after them last winter. I also tried to catch them with traps there but it never came any hare in it.

And its a good population of beavers there, they have almost been in the hole birch forest and eaten on the trees. I have seen many beavers in that area its not hard at all to get close to them.




As you can see its much water and birch there so the beaver like this place. Its also a lot of spruce trees further up in the hill.
Earlier in th fall its also a lot of blueberry,red whortleberry,crowberry and some mults.



Here are also some old chantarelle, and they taste very good! But these are a little bit to old to eat.



In this place its much moist which the mushroom need to grow. As you can see its aspen in the picture to which its much of some places in that area.


Im not sure if its some animals that eats chantarelles, all I know is that sheeps doesnt eat them. But they eat almost every other kinds of mushrooms.
Hare eats much aspen in the vinter.



Here is a picture that shows that this forest has a very richness of diferent plants,mushrooms and trees.



That big tree that is on the right in the picture is a spruce tree. Spruce trees must have good soil. So its not much big plants in this forest because the spuce trees are blocking for the sun.


Its much elk in this terrain which is also being hunted here.
Further away they have a shooting tower that they shoot elk in the fall.

No comments: