Saturday, December 16, 2006

Roe-deer hunt with dog.

To day I have been hunting roe-deer with four others people and a dog.
Its very much roe-deer in that area and they have plenty of food.
The dog we hunted with is a dog breed with name Drever it is a small Swedish dog who is very little but extremly tough!

We started hunting about 10.15 am and after about two minuts the dog was baying on three roe-deers.
When you are hunting with dogs who shall find the deer and start baying then lead it to you its smart to be many on the team.
Then the team covers a much bigger area and the chances is big to get something home.

I was the only one the team who used a shotgun on this day because I like shotgun best and I dont like to shoot on long ranges.
So I was placed on a post where the roe-deer often had ran away on places where it was almost unpossible to shoot with rifle.

In the first baying another on the team shot two roe-deers who came very close it was one buck and a goat.
He shot them with caliber.6,5/55.

When I had heard the shots and he said it on the radio a buck came on my post.
Suddenly it was there but I didnt shot, the buck stod completly still with his side against me but I think the range was a little to long.
Probably if I had shot it would had died but I didnt take the risk.

I think the dog was very effective and two roe-deers is abseloutly not bad!
I didnt shot any later either but im going to hunt tomorrow also!

1 comment:

torjusgaaren said...

I'd wish I could join you. Maybe next year. It would have been fun.

You better shoot a deer tomorrow, because I want the legs and hide for various projects.... ;-)